Re: Colored anti-aliasing. How do I stop it?

Andrew McMillan wrote:
> I've not used KDE, but under Gnome the configuration allows for subpixel
> rendering settings of "RGB", "BGR", "VRGB" or "VBGR" and you have to
> pick the right one for your laptop.  I think it's BGR in almost all
> cases (that's certainly what it is on my Thinkpad).

Actually, this is not correct -- I guess that the mode depends on each
computer and for example I have here Dell Inspiron 2200 and for me the mode
which eliminates colored anti-aliasing is "Vertical RGB" (in KDE, it is in
Control Panel/Look & Feel/Fonts/Use Anti-Aliasing/Settings). Then I can
have full hinting. Other option how to avoid colored letters is to use less
than Full hinting -- difference between full and lowest level of hinting is
hardly visible to my eyes (there IS very much visible difference between
lowest hinting and no antialiasing at all, but not that much among
different levels of hinting).

Best,

        Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

..every Man has a Property in his own Person. This no Body has
any Right to but himself. The Labour of his Body, and the Work of
his Hands, we may say, are properly his. .... The great and chief
end therefore, of Mens uniting into Commonwealths, and putting
themselves under Government, is the Preservation of their
Property.
    -- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"