[OT] hard drive upgrade

I have a toshiba 2805-S302 laptop and the drive has a carrier cage
that can be seen here:

  http://www.cmsproducts.com/detail.aspx?ID=276

Anyone know if that carrier can be placed on any drive, or if I need
to buy a drive specifically designed for the Toshiba?  And, will any
2.5" drive work?  The above link is a bit expensive for a 80GB drive.

Any specific recommendations on drives to buy/avoid, and perhaps
where in the US to shop?

I'm also looking for suggestions on copying the drive -- should I get
a caddy for my desktop and do a network copy or try and get a USB
caddy for use on the laptop (which is USB 1.0, IIRC)?

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org