Re: Help------Modem driver required

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 02:15:50AM +0500,
 Mujeebuddin Paracha <mp@cyber.net.pk> wrote
 a message of 64 lines which said:

> I found you on the internet, doing a google search.

This mailing list, as its name suggest, is dedicated to the Debian
operating system (http://www.debian.org/).

>From what you write, it does not seem your run Debian but rather
another operating system (Debian does not freeze and certainly does
not erase files at random). May be you are using Microsoft Windows? If
so, we cannot help you, sorry, Debian uses a completely different way
of accessing the modem.

I suggest, either to talk to your operating system's provider, or to
install Debian (which, although easy for many people, is not a task to
be taken lightly, and requires planification and thinking).

> and told me that Toshiba support staff was unwilling to help.

Not a surprise for a 5-years old laptop. I would suggest to try to
find the modem's make and type and use that as the key for Google
search.