Re: Not able to make Intel Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express (rev 03) work with X 6.8.2

On Friday 20 May 2005 19:47, Matej Cepl wrote:

> I've bought new Dell Inspiron 2200 (I had to buy it when it was just $600)
> notebook, which has
> Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev
> 03)
> graphic card (see attached output of lspci -v). I have tried to make it
> work with vanilla Debian/Sarge (using XFree86 4.3.0.dfsg.1-12.0.1 0), but
> when it didn't work I have now installed Xorg packages with 6.8.2-10debian1
> from <http://neo.wh-stuttgart.de sarge/xorg> and now I am able to have
> 1024x768 with VESA driver (see attached output of xdpyinfo and glxinfo),
> which is usable but 61Hz still is not that pleasant as I would love to have
> and the display is visibly blinking. Is it possible to make this notebook
> work with native i810 drivers?

Yes, but perhaps not with XFree.  I'm using Ubuntu and Xorg.  But surely you
can't actually have any other frequencies with the laptop display - afaik,
frequency on an LCD is fixed.

> Does anybody see what I am doing wrong? Did anybody make Dell Inspiron 2200
> work with Xorg?

I specifically chose a 6000 over the 2200 - both of which I could have got for
about the same price - because I found working configs for the 6000 but not
for the 2200.
--
derek