Re: Frozen touchpad after resume

On Sunday 15 May 2005 10:47 am, John O'Hagan wrote:
> On Sat, 14 May 2005 10:46, you wrote:
> >[...]
> > Your VGA is identical to mine. It will have to work. I just don't know
> > why you are using the vbe-tool, it works without that too.
> > Also you didn't mention if any agp modules are being used ?
>
> The reason I am using vbetool is that when I use a "vanilla" method to
> suspend, (using klaptop, or calls to /proc and /sys), I get a blank screen
> on resume - totally blank, including the backlight. The system is
> operating, as I can still use keyboard commands, although without a screen
> it's a little hard to tell to what extent!
>
> Googling revealed that many other users of 855GM chipsets have the same
> issue (- obviously not everyone, as your system works). Saving and
> restoring the state of the graphics device (using vbetool as part of the
> suspend process) is so far the nearest I have come to a solution - at least
> then I can see!

I had exactly the same problem and "acpi_sleep=s3_bios" solved the problem. I
checked it today again.

> But the touchpad is the fly in the ointment.
>
> I am using AGP modules; here is my lsmod:
>
> Module                  Size  Used by
> i830                   22528  1
> drm                    53012  2 i830
> binfmt_misc             8456  1
> video                  14212  0
> realtime                4496  0
> commoncap               4864  1 realtime
> joydev                  7488  0
> psmouse                23176  0
> intelfb                25860  0
> cfbcopyarea             3712  1 intelfb
> cfbimgblt               2816  1 intelfb
> cfbfillrect             3328  1 intelfb
> intel_agp              17692  1
> agpgart                25896  4 drm,intelfb,intel_agp
> evdev                   6912  1
>
> This is probably too much information; but it may contain a clue.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John O'Hagan
>
> P.S Please CC me as I am not subscribed.

Please don't use an agp modules for X and try. All you might need is agpgart
only. For me I've inbuilt it in the kernel.

Are the logs saying anything about the touchpad's problem ?

rrs
--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT -- http://www.researchut.com