Re: Awakening from suspend-to-mem

On Friday 13 May 2005 17:48, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> Derek Broughton wrote:
> > klaptopdaemon doesn't do anything but invoke these scripts.  If they
> > don't work for your configuration, it doesn't matter whether you're using
> > klaptopdaemon or anything else.
>
> FYI,
>
> I don't find any of the scripts mentioned in this thread installed on my
> notebook.
> As far as I know it communicates/writes data to /sysfs or /proc.
> And I don't see any suspectible dependency "script" package on
> klaptopdaemon.

Well, then, I must be looking in the wrong place.  Too bad, because
klaptopdaemon _completely_ borked my first installation of kubuntu
(basically, if hibernate doesn't work properly, you run the risk of
overwriting parts of your hard drive).  I haven't dared try it since.  If it
_isn't_ using those scripts (I can't see how it can't) then I have no idea
where to go to do things for safety like dismounting some partitions. In any
case, klaptopdaemon shouldn't have a dependency on acpid, though I would have
thought it would have a "recommends" or "suggests" - if you don't have acpi
support it just disables major parts of the app.

What do you think it writes to /proc?  afaik, just the commands to trigger
acpi - then the acpid scripts come into play.

In any case, the other posters are correct.  If this was something that should
be handled by klaptopdaemon, it belongs in the debian-kde list.  If we're
going to discuss it in debian-laptop we should stick to the non-KDE specific
methods.
--
derek