Is Sarge too slow for a Toshiba Portege 330CT?

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Portege 330CT which actually runs Debian woody, its main
features are this:

Pentium 133 Mhz
32 Mb RAM
1'6 Gb Hard Disk

The fact is that it's enough for how I use it, mainly text programs like mutt,
slrn, w3m, bitch, vim, mp3blaster and sometimes firefox or staroffice.

My doubt is if I should upgrade it to Sarge or not, my main concern is that it
could be slower, maybe because the size of shared libraries or something
similar; also it runs a 2.2.x kernel which supports all of the hardware it
has, but not the IR port, anyway I think no kernel version does because Toshiba
never released the information about that chip.

Sarge requires a kernel 2.4.x or 2.6.x to run? or it can run with a old 2.2.x
kernel?

For example, when I upgraded it from Debian 2.2 to Debian 3.0 I noted that it
was much slower when using apt, because the list of packeges was much bigger
and so it had to swap memory to be able to install new packages and so...

Also I have read that Sarge use much disk space that woody, so maybe I would
also have problems with that...

Thank you very much for your opinion.

Regards:

Nacho

--
No book comes out of a vacuum (G. Buehler)
http://www.lascartasdelavida.com