Re: Kernel-2.6.8 on Acer 8100 series

ben van 't ende [netcreators] wrote:
Gustavo Tourinho wrote:

Thanks for all helping.

Just changing hda to sda it works.

On 5/1/05, Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> wrote:

On Sunday 01 May 2005 07:03, Gustavo Tourinho wrote:

Ive just instaled sarge (kernel 2.4) on a acer 8103 and its okey.

After upgraded the kernel (apt-get install kernel-images-2.6.8-2-686)
and reboot the system, the boot just HALT after the message
"Uncompressing linux...."

So, I put the flag "acpi=off" on boot parameter. But now I have another
problem.

This could maybe be fixed by using a 2.6.10 kernel.

Im getting kernel panic with this message.

/sbin/init: 431: cannot open dev/console
Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init

Hi,

I have the same issue trying to install debian with Netinstall. I read somewhere about 'acpi=off'. That wasn't succesfull. What would you recommend for bootoptions to give so I am at least able to upgrade the kernel, because ancient 2.4 seems to me to be the problem? Is there another way to do a Netinstall with the latest Kernel. Or do we have to wait for Sarge to be FINAL? I tries the latest (K)ubuntu and that installed perfectly. Don't want to use that one though ;-) I'd rather use Sarge.

Well a typical case of answering myself. Maybe this helps some of you.

When you boot from the Netinstall cd fill this in at the very very first screen

boot: linux26

It took me quite a while to find that out :-(

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators::creation and innovation