Re: Smart Link Modem

Hi,

Henry Gunter wrote:
> I have a Sager 9860 laptop with a smartlink internal
> modem. I have installed the deb packages sl-modem-daemon
> and sl-modem-source. After building the driver i get the
> following message at boot.
>
>  slamr: module license 'Smart Link Ltd.' taints kernel.
>  slamr: SmartLink AMRMO modem.
>
> any help would be great!

What is wrong with that? It's a non-free binary-only module so it of
course taintgs your kernel. Besides that, the second message says that
the driver found your modem, so it should be OK judging alone from the
snippet you posted.

Grüße/Regards,

Rene
--
 .''`.  Rene Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73