Re: Low resolution on external monitor with Fujitsu notebook

Ritesh,

Thanks for the suggestions, but no joy yet.

I discovered that the 'trident' driver has an option called "Display"
which can be set to "CRT", "LCD" or "Dual". With "LCD" or "Dual", I just
get the LCD resolution 800x600. With "CRT", I can see in the log that it
has accepted 1024x768 but the screen just goes blank.

I also tried defining two Device sections, one for each Monitor, but
then XFree86 doesn't even start.

I'm not quite sure I'm doing something wrong (or not doing something...)
or this is just a hardware/software restriction. Googling didn't bring
more light. I'm really stuck.

Thanks
Paulo