Re: Noob Question

Hi,

On a new notebook, I wouldn't expect old software to fully work. For
example, there are drivers for the 2200BG card (which is only b/g, not
a/b/g), but only for kernel 2.6.4+. Also, I'd expect your notebook to
support ACPI, and I guess you'll have better support with 2.6 for that
too. Likewise, I think you won't have any real problems getting cpu
throttling to work with the 2.6 kernel. I don't know about your graphics
card, though. I got my AC97 modem working with sl-modem (but not with
wvdial), but again, I run 2.6.

So, if possible, try upgrading to a 2.6 kernel and if you've got that
running, let us know about the problems you still have.

Koen