IBM T42 - Sarge or Sid?

Hey all,

I am hoping to get some opinions on this. I will building Debian on a
Thinkpad T42 for my lovely bride this weekend. I'm currently undecided
whether to put Sarge or Sid on it. On my machine I run Sid since I'm a
wannabe developer and will file bug reports when necessary. However, on her
machine it would probably be better to have a more (soon to be!) stable
system.

So my question is, would it be better to install Sarge and back port things
as necessary or let a Debian newbie run Sid?

Thanks,
--
Bill Thompson
BillT@Mahagonny.com