[Wireless] Am I going to be sorry?

Hello all,

I'm new to wireless and currently thinking of buying a Trust Speedshare
Turbo Pro PC Card (in preparation for debconf5 :-). It is listed for
€ 49,- including VAT.

This card looks to be based on the Atheros AR5002G [1] solution and so
supports 802.11b/g, not 802.11a.
My main reasons for considering this card are:
- Atheros chipset means I won't need to use M$ drivers (ndiswrapper), but
  can use the madwifi drivers. There already is a success report for this
  card [2].
- madwifi drivers look to be stable and development active.
- The card has a theoretical 108 MB max speed using Atheros Super-G
  technology.
- Price is about € 30-40 less than cards that also have 802.11a.

My question is: how likely is it that I'm going to regret not having
802.11a support?
I'm living in the Netherlands.

If you have good alternative suggestions, I'd be very glad to hear them.

[1]http://www.atheros.com/pt/AR5002GBulletin.htm
[2]http://madwifiwiki.thewebhost.de/wiki/TrustSpeedShareTurboProWirelessPCCard

TIA,
Frans Pop

P.S. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A40-211 running Sarge with 2.6.8.