Re: Kernel 2.6.xx

You probably do not want to run woody with a 2.6 kernel.   There are
several system components that need to be updated (such as the module
loader) that I do not believe were back-ported into woody (Hey Guys --
feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!)

Now, you could get the components necessary from sarge (and I do not
recall exactly what they are) and *try* to compile/install them on woody
or you could go to sarge.  (IMNSHO, go with sarge if you want to do 2.6)

BTW, you will probably want to do net install -- it will ultimately cost
less DL time than downloading the isos.  (By far).

So, my advice is -- just download the new sarge installer.  It'll make
your life much, much easier in the long run.

PS.  If you want to compile your own kernel in either sarge or woody,
use the make-kpkg command out of the kernel-package package.

-Ian