Re: Kernel 2.6.xx

> How many of the CDs do I need for a woody installation. I do not mean
> only a workstation because I might start putting sever stuff which
> will need more CDs unfortunately.

you might put a simple workstation and download the rest through apt-get

> Where can I get the source of the sarge kernel, so that I will try to
> install it on a woody.

package kernel-source-2.6.8

> I plan to test the distros first. I might put a woody and get a
> compiled core. Then I will see with the rest. If the only problem with
> 2.4 is ACPI then no worries. I read that it doesn't support wireless,
> bluetooth, touchpad and many other typical laptop things.

I put woody in mine once... well, I really needed acpi and woody
couldn't get it right... I heard it was supposed to have it, but in my
laptop it didn't work...

the best thing about installing sarge, as it was noticed in a previous
message, is the new installer. Life is much easier with it.