Re: Kernel 2.6.xx

Ok I might change my mind and start downloading sarge, or just order it. Anyway.

How many of the CDs do I need for a woody installation. I do not mean
only a workstation because I might start putting sever stuff which
will need more CDs unfortunately.

Where can I get the source of the sarge kernel, so that I will try to
install it on a woody.

I plan to test the distros first. I might put a woody and get a
compiled core. Then I will see with the rest. If the only problem with
2.4 is ACPI then no worries. I read that it doesn't support wireless,
bluetooth, touchpad and many other typical laptop things.