Re: small laptop with only floppy drive

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 02:37:40AM -0500, Brandon Richards wrote:
> I have a small laptop with a 100 mhz processor not sure  how much ram
> but it only has a floppy drive on it.  I was wanting to put debian on
> it but not sure how to do it.  I have put debian on my desktop system

You already have good advice on moving the hard drive to another
computer for the install.  Good advice.  The net-install depends on
having internet access (modem, wired or wireless NIC) which you don't
mention that you have on the laptop.

You will need some minimum memory, I think it is around 32 mb.  I
recommend first trying Toms Root Boot floppy on it; I believe toms
will run in 16mb.
http://www.toms.net/rb/

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!