Re: small laptop with only floppy drive

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 02:37 -0500, Brandon Richards wrote:
> I have a small laptop with a 100 mhz processor not sure  how much ram
> but it only has a floppy drive on it.  I was wanting to put debian on
> it but not sure how to do it.  I have put debian on my desktop system
> which has a 500 mhz pentium III with 384 MBs of ram on it several
> times.  The laptop now has windows 95 on it so i know i can port
> debian to it.  The only problem is how do I do it?  any help would be
> appreciated.  Thank you again.
Does it have any kind of network connectivity?

If so, you can boot net install images from the floppy drive.

If not, you'll either have to figure/find out how/where to make/get the
base packages onto floppies or install on another machine.

To install with another machine, you probably just need to get an
adapter for the laptop hard drive to IDE and ATX power and plug it into
another computer (one with a cd drive), install onto it, and put the
hard drive back into the laptop.
--
David Mandelberg <mandelbergd@eth0.is-a-geek.org>