From: Κωνσταντίνος Κουκόπουλος [mailto:kouk@noc.uoa.gr]
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 6:55 PM
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: resume to disk

On Mon 28 Mar 2005 13:20, Gustavo Halperin wrote:
>  Yes I'm currently using a native software suspend from the Kernel
> 2.6.7. Her documentation say that by default the suspend use the swap
> partition.
>  This Documentation (Documentation/power/swsusp.txt) also say append
> "resume=/dev/<swap partition>"
> in the kernel parameters. And I did it.

The documentation you're referring to is about software suspend (in which the OS takes care of saving the memory to disk). But if you're using the bios native hibernation mode then I think that it won't work with the swap partition. Perhaps you have to enable software suspend in your kernel configuration?