From: Konstantinos Koukopoulos [mailto:kouk@noc.uoa.gr]
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 11:04 AM
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: resume to disk

On Mon 28 Mar 2005 10:56, Gustavo Halperin wrote:u
> If I do :
>   echo -n mem > /sys/power/state
> or
>   echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
> every think work OK , But If I try to resume to the disk with "echo -n

> disk > /sys/power/state" or "echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep"
> the computer shut down but stay with the Light of the power ON (BTW, I

> have a Toshiba Portege R100 with Testing and kernel 2.6.7).  After it
> the computer don't respond to any button and only after a long press
> to the power the computer is shutting down.

in my laptop (Thinkpad R40) sometimes the same happens but I've never
had to press the power button because after a while it either wakes up
(as if I hadn't suspended it) or it proceeds to hibernate. I think it's
a driver issue (some might not handle suspending right) but I haven't
had the time to check it out. Btw, I'm using software suspend (swsup)
with kernel 2.6.10, perhaps the weird messages you're getting are
because you're attempting a native suspend? From what I've read to do
native suspend you need a special partition (FAT32).