Re: resume to disk

On Mon 28 Mar 2005 10:56, Gustavo Halperin wrote:u
> If I do :
>   echo -n mem > /sys/power/state
> or
>   echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
> every think work OK , But If I try to resume to the disk with "echo -n
> disk > /sys/power/state" or "echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep"
> the computer shut down but stay with the Light of the power ON (BTW, I
> have a Toshiba Portege R100 with Testing and kernel
> 2.6.7).  After it the computer don't respond to any button and only
> after a long press to the power the computer is shutting down.

in my laptop (Thinkpad R40) sometimes the same happens but I've never had to
press the power button because after a while it either wakes up (as if I
hadn't suspended it) or it proceeds to hibernate. I think it's a driver issue
(some might not handle suspending right) but I haven't had the time to check
it out. Btw, I'm using software suspend (swsup) with kernel 2.6.10, perhaps
the weird messages you're getting are because you're attempting a native
suspend? From what I've read to do native suspend you need a special
partition (FAT32).