Boot problems with Tecra 8000 and DeskStation V+

I'm having problems booting Debian Sarge (or Knoppix, if that matters)
on a Tecra 8000 when attached to the DeskStation V+.

The system runs fine without the docking station, and earlier kernels (I think 2.2) worked with the docking station, but now the systems hangs in the early boot stages.

linux24.sourceforge.net tells about a similar problem

"Derek Fawcus at Cisco reports similar problems with Toshiba Tecra 8000 attached to the DeskStation V+ docking station. (once again, caused by bridge returning 0 when reading the I/O base/limit and Memory base/limit # registers which confuses the new PCI resource code)."

but according to the list, this problem had been fixed.

Does anybody know about this problem and can tell me what boot flags I could use
to fix it?
--

Michael Vishchers    PSI AG  TELCO  Bernsaustraße 4-6   42553 Velbert-Neviges
mvishchers (no-spam at) psi (dot) de +49 2053 919-236  Fax: +49 2053 919-194

                                                               Douglas Adams

begin:vcard
fn:Michael Vishchers
n:Vishchers;Michael
org:PSI AG;TELCO
adr;quoted-printable;dom:;;Bernsaustra=C3=9Fe 4/6;Velbert-Neviges;;42553
email;internet:mvishchers@psi.de
title:System Administrator
tel;work:+49 2053 919 236
tel;fax:+49 2053 919 194