Re: PCMCIA USB2.0 Card

Hello *,

I experienced similar problems as Hans.

usbview tells me that there is root hub running at high speed (driven
by ehci) and two more hubs running at full speed (driven by ohci).
Interestinlgy, the full speed hubs are not children of the root hub but
occur on the same level of the USB device tree as the root hub. Some
thought and questions on this situation:

* Why are there three hubs - not only one?

* It seems to me that the ehci driver, in effect, is only used for
recognizing the other hubs and routing the data traffic - but see below.

* It seems to me that hotplug does not correctly map the physical USB
tree - instead it flattens the tree to a list.

I run kernel 2.6.10 and - at least - loading the device drivers works
properly. With 2.6.8 the ehci driver failed with a fatal error but this
event did not prevent hotplug from loading the ohci drivers. Moreover, I
did some measurements with my USB flash memory stick and found that the
USB 1.1 hubs are actually able to read at least 7 megabytes a second
which is far in excess of USB 1.1 capabilities. So it seems that the USB
1.1 hubs are running on high speed. It all doesn't fit and the question
is: How should it really be?

I can give more information if required. Please give a list of commands,
I'll run them and mail the output.

Regards,
Michael