Re: Compaq presario 1200

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:48:22 +0200, "Juan Antonio Vásquez C."
<juanv@ladoctrina.org> wrote:

> I am new in linux, and too and debian...
>
> How to install and config the PCMCIA PC Card (CNet) and config the network
> on Compaq Presario 1200
>
> i have Debian 3.0r4
>
> thanks

Hello Juan,

If you are running the default kernel, just by inserting the card you
should see something happening a few beeps and stuff.

If none of this happens is probably because the pcmcia modules are not
being loaded either at boot or at card insertion, of course this is
what you need to achieve.
I would recommend reading the PCMCIA-Howto it ussualy resides in
/usr/share/HOWTO. Or you can just find it with google.

If after reading it you are even more confused than before don't
panic, it is normal. Just post your new doubts to the list and someone
will help you. Of course when you post you should try to be as
specific as possible.

Cheers

Ing. Hugo S. Carrer
Laboratorio de Comunicaciones Digitales UNC
Tel./Fax: +54 351-4334147 Int.105
http://lcd.efn.uncor.edu
-----
Never seem more learned than the people you are with.
Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden.
Do not pull it out to count the hours,
but give the time when you are asked. -Lord Chesterfield