Re: Software Suspend 2 on Thinkpad R50 (waking up back to X)
- To: Karl Ebener <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Software Suspend 2 on Thinkpad R50 (waking up back to X)
- From: João Lourenço <Joao.Lourenco@di.fct.unl.pt>
- Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:04:18 +0000
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
Near the bottom of "/etc/hibernate/hibernate.conf", look fot a line with
and remove the leading "#"
And it should work all right now! :-) At least it did for me!
On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 19:08 +0100, Karl Ebener wrote:
> I have the Software Suspend 2 patch on an IBM Thinkpad R50 with Kernel
> 2.6.11running under Debian Sid.
> Hibernating from the text console works fine, but when waking up after
> having hibernated from within X, it hangs on "Copying Kernel back".
> I tried what is suggested in the HowTo of Software Suspend 2 and booted
> a minimal system, inserted the modules by hand and tried hibernating
> over and over. But as this is all text mode, it worked fine.
> Does anyone know, what is wrong or how I can find out? Is there a debug
> mode or can I make SS2 log into a file?
Joao Lourenco Tels: (+351) 212 948 536
Dep. Informatica (+351) 212 948 300
FCT / Univ. Nova de Lisboa Ext: 10740
Quinta da Torre Fax: (+351) 212 948 541
P-2829-516 CAPARICA http://www-asc.di.fct.unl.pt/~jml