Re: possessed cursor on dell latitude 600

>Art Edwards wrote:
>> The cursor on my dell laptop has developed a mind of its own. When I
>> type it moves to either the upper right- or lower left-hand corner of
>> the screen. This behavior appears to be connected to having the cursor
>> joy-stick in the middle of the keyboard. On the windoze side, one can
>> disable this. Is there a similar capability under linux?

This is a known issue with Latitude C600's. I replace these quite often @ my J
O B ;)
Dell generally sends out the keyboard(for the touchstick), and the palmrest(for
the touchpad) as a replacement. Honestly though the problem is really related
to the keyboard only. The touchstick has some issues with the solder joints
there.. Give Dell a call, and they should take care of you, if that guy is
still under warranty, though the part is not very expensive to purchase, if
need be.