Re: Copying Debian to another drive

peace bwitchu wrote:
Here is a link with examples on how to clone a hdd
over a network using netcat and dd.  You can also use
mondo rescue with mindi.  Mondo is a opensource Ghost
like utility.

http://www.rajeevnet.com/hacks_hints/os_clone/os_cloning.html

http://www.mondorescue.org/
--- jb701@uku.co.uk wrote:

I have Debian sarge loaded and running fine on a
Thinkpad (laptop). I now want to copy my setup onto another hard drive, so I can try some things out without ruining this setup (which took a lot of effort to get running). How do I go about doing that? The laptop can only run one hard drive at a time. I can connect to another Debian machine (running woody). The laptop started with woody (same CDs used as the other machine) and I think I kept all the downloaded deb files used to upgrade. Is there any way to copy the setup rather than setting up a new hard drive from scratch?