Re: Was:display suspend / New: Kernel update

create your own thread, lol.

is simple
make menuconfig / xconfig

choice what your computer need and what you want to use, read all the helps that you need understand, in doubt use as module, you will can use it after with modconf.

make-kpkg --initrd --kernel_image

check your / if vmlinuz is a symbolic link to /boot/your-new-image and vmlinuz.old to /boot/old-image

on lilo.conf try google.com , it's better to you understand how it works.

reboot and don't worry, because any problem you will have vmlinuz.old in your boot loader, and can back to old kernel.

hope that it help.