Re: Computer freezes frequently. What is wrong?

Hello,
  I have had similar problems with Debian kernels post 2.6.5. I am
running these kernels on a IBM Thinkcenter (I think a M50). The
computer runs fine for a while after rebooting, but as soon as its
left idle for a while, the computer slows down to a crawl. After that
every keyboard or mouse click take 10-15s to process. Rebooting was so
slow that I had to do a hard reset. But kernels previous to 2.6.5 work
fine, and the 2.4 series kernels run excellent.