Re: How to turn off internal monitor when using external one

Barry, Christopher wrote:

I setup two different boot blocks in grub, and passed in two different
cmdlines; one for 'Laptop' and one for 'Desktop'.

These cmdlines were parsed by a small startup script I wrote to copy
over the laptop or desktop x configuration file.

On boot, I simply select laptop or desktop mode in grub boot screen.

-C

I'm working on a startup script that will copy the correct X config into place, depending on whether I'm docked or not. I don't know if there is way to configure it to work docked or not docked without changing anything.

Maybe what is needed it to use 'netenv' to handle
the particulars of boottime X environment, as it does
so many other issues for booting into multiple
environments...

http://netenv.sourceforge.net/

It's already part of Debian so load it up and test see if
it's not usable...

just an idea,

James