RE: How to turn off internal monitor when using external one

I setup two different boot blocks in grub, and passed in two different
cmdlines; one for 'Laptop' and one for 'Desktop'.

These cmdlines were parsed by a small startup script I wrote to copy
over the laptop or desktop x configuration file.

On boot, I simply select laptop or desktop mode in grub boot screen.

-C