Re: Kernel load times on a Thinkpad T30....

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 10:30 +0100, Martin Hauser wrote:
> Hello,

> As your problem is fixed as it seems, i just wanted to ask for my
> curiousity, you've been using lilo, don't you? I've noticed this long
> load times with lilo on my IBM Thinkpad r40 as well... then a friend
> recommended me using grub and the kernel bootet in an instant...

Sorry, I just subscribed to the list, so missed previous posts.

Adding compact to your lilo.conf file will make lilo boot
the kernel faster (the part where it loads it anyways, where
all the periods happen).

May not be applicable here, yet just in case :)

compact isn't in lilo.conf by default for a reason, because it
breaks on some hardware configurations, yet I personally haven't
ran into an issue with it yet. maybe something to keep in mind :)