Re: debian-alsa bug?

Wendy Leigh Vandoolaeghe a écrit :
Hi i'm trying to use alsa (alsa - alsa-base package) as my sound driver on
a Dell Inspiron 8600, but nothing works. I've even compiled a new kernel
2.6.9, hoping that it would mysteriously fix the bug. When i run
alsaconf it seems to be just fine, but i don't get any sound from any
sound applications. And if I run /etc/init.d/alsa start, then it says it
can't find any sound cards. (below is all the detail)

anyone have a clue what i could do to fix the problem?

Several persons with Dell computer (and I), had this problem and solved it by adding 'pci=noacpi' to the kernel at the (LILO|GRUB) prompt.
Perhaps it will work for you too.

hth
--
Michel