Re: Debian & irda

Am Sonntag, 30. Januar 2005 04:09 schrieb Ben:
[...]
> then I run irdadump to see if any data is being transmitted (it doesn't'
> appear to be collecting anything). is this correct?

I don't think so. I had some problems with using irda on my Thinkpad. irdadump
only showed the computer, but not the mobile phone which was in reception
range. After a quite long time I found that I had to set the serial speed to,
say, 115200bps with setserial. The tutorials I read told me to leave the
serial port irda is connected to unconfigured (this may be correct, except
the baud_base option. After that, connection to the mobile phone worked fine.

Just in case, have you activated irda in the BIOS?

HTH,
Tobias

--
Diese Email-Adresse dient nur als Spam-Ziel.
Nachrichten an diese Adresse werden nicht gelesen!

This email address is a spam-tarpit.
Mails sent to this address are not read!