Re: Suspend on T23: a small step forward

Hi

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:52:12 +0100
Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:

> 1) Suspend-to-disk works, well sort off: I again use
> "resume=/dev/hda7" parameter as "swap:/dev/hda7" does not work. This
> time it actually suspends to disk. Well and it even awakes from
> suspending and goes back into my KDE desktop. But mouse (and probably
> other USB device connected to the USB 1.1 on the ThinkPad") do not
> work anymore. This may be indicated by this message I get on wakeup:
>
> uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.1: Unloink after no-IRQ? Different ACPI or APIC
> settings may help
> usb 2-2: klaptop_acpi_he timed out on ep0in

You should run "/etc/init.d/hotplug stop" before suspending and
"/etc/init.d/hotplug start" after suspending. It could be done via
script in /etc/acpi.

How do you switch to suspend-to-disk?

# echo disk > /sys/power/state

or anything else?

> 2) When trying the first time, ALSA sound worked after resume. In this
>
> case I did not use ALSA sound before, but tried it after the resume.
> It worked then, which is more than I had before.
>
> Motivated this way I became adventorous and tried suspend to ram
> during music playback by JuK (KDE's jukebox;). This time ALSA didn't
> work after suspend.
>
> Fair enough, I thought I can stop the music playback before suspending
> and then tried the following: I played a MP3 by JuK, pressed stop,
> left the program open, did suspend-to-ram, and pressed play again.
> Well also in this case ALSA did not work after suspending.

Probably the same like above.

Stop ALSA with "/etc/init.d/alsa stop" and start it after resuming.

Regards
  Kai