Re: setting up network

Here is my interfaces file, the one that works.
I have tried adding the schemes and that makes things NOT work.
I do not have the resolvconf package installed but even when I installed it,
it did not fix the problems and besides, the laptop has a nameserver
installed.  BTW the gateway (a Linksys broadband router) shown in the file
also runs a nameserver but of course, while I am away from home, it would not
be available.

### /etc/network/interfaces file ###
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# This is a list of hotpluggable network interfaces.
# They will be activated automatically by the hotplug subsystem.
mapping hotplug
        script grep
        map eth0

# The primary network interface
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.14
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.0.0
        broadcast 192.168.0.255
        gateway 192.168.0.2
        # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if
installed
        dns-nameservers 192.168.0.2
        dns-search shadypond.com

iface ppp0 inet ppp