Re: setting up network

On 01/23/2005 08:44 pm, Michael Perry wrote:

> You could also extend the approach to doing schemes or themes inside
> the /etc/network/interfaces file for wireless and wired networks.  I
> travel with laptops to several settings that vary between wireless and
> wired.  I have a set of schemes that load different wireless setups
> like essid, key, etc and then you can extend the above commands even
> more by calling a scheme with the ifup command.  On my laptop it works
> very well for bringing up a variety of wired and wireless network
> configurations without having to install a second package or write
> scripts.

The schemes are not working for me, I must be doing something wrong.
I will look at my Xandros setup and see if I might gain some clues into why
the schemes are not working on the laptop (which runs Debian).  I am also
using the "Debian Reference" by Osamu Aoki.   That might help.

--

8)

sp@mtr@p: croak@shadypond.com