Does a Presario R3310 make sense for Linux

About the computer:

http://minilien.com/?fSszDtHAtU

<http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/product_detail/
product_detail_view.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1893105805.1105598010@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccefadddiimemkjcfngcfkmdflldfgg.0&landing=null&category=null&subcat1=null&catLevel=null&product_code=PM006UA
%23ABA&tab=detailed_specs#defaultAnchor>

About setting a Compaq R3120US with Slackware:

http://www1.uop.edu/~khughes/presario-r3120us/

The computer seems to offer a lot for the money. ($1,299 CAN) I don't care too
much about the weight. Apparently, the battery lasts only 2 hours. I'd
certainly like more, but I suppose it's part of the reason it's so cheap.

I don't plan on watching many films with it, is WXGA otherwise a disadvantage?

Is it possible to get some kind of shop manual? I don't like very much the
idea of having to be without a computer for a week and spend 60$ if ever I
want, say, to add memory.

Are Compaq considered reliable? Any other alternative to suggest in the same
price range? Are other laptops easier to set up with Linux?

GP