Re: Laptop recomendation?

On Saturday 01 January 2005 14:16, Shreyas Ananthan wrote:
> Peter <peter@bsqt.homeip.net> writes:
> > I installed took a kernel.org 2.6.10, with the latest ipw and acpi
> > patches from sf.net, and as of yesterday, I have at least S1 and S3
> > suspend/resume,
>
> I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 and I have been trying to get S3 working
> on it for over a year now without success. The video (radeon card)
> does seems to lock up everytime I wake up from S3 (Suspend to
> RAM). How did you get around that problem?

prior to 2.6.10 it would not even suspend correctly, I had no opportunity
to have your problem :-)

otoh... my frame buffer driver is compiled in, not a module.
I got a lot of information from: http://www.loria.fr/~thome/d600/

and there is a radeonfb patch there for the problem you describe.
The current patch only seems to apply to < 2.6.8, which is why
I tried without the patch, and it worked.