Re: my kde sound problem

Rony wrote:
Which one is more advance, ALSA or OSS (mm.. should be able to tell
from the name:)? Remember i use ALSA for my prev installation. But now
cannot. What must i do to use ALSA again? Which kernel module to use?
What package must i install? I'm using kernel 2.6.8.

I would suggest to use the ALSA drivers.
KDE uses the arts sound server, so the easiest way to get sound working in both xmms and KDE is to set xmms to use the arts output plugin.

packages (from a sid installation):
ii  alsa-base      1.0.7-2        ALSA driver configuration files
ii  alsa-utils     1.0.7-2        ALSA utilities
ii  alsamixergui   0.9.0rc2-1-7   graphical soundcard mixer for ALSA soundcard

j.

"We did a risk management review.  We concluded that there was no risk of
any management." -- Dilbert
:wq