Re: Laptop recomendation?

Model certainly does matter.

My Vaio (stop laughing!) has an internal card that works fine with the
standard orinoco_pci driver under 2.6. It didn't work with the 2.4
kernel orinoco driver, because Sony had changed the card identifier
by one digit. This was submitted as a patch to the kernel driver
maintainer, and in due course made its way back down to the rest of
us.

I expect, since I've heard such things about Dell, that like Compaq
and Sony they are playing with things to make them special.

Curt-

On Saturday 01 January 2005 11:48, Eric Hanchrow was heard to say:

--
September 11th, 2001
planning advocates in American history