ralink 2500 mini pci wlan

hey

i have a ralink2500 minipci wireles card in my laptop (fsc amilo a 1630).  the problem i have is that i have a switch to turn my wireless kard on but it just works under windows nut under linux. now i fouind a howto that says that i have to use ndiwrapper. when i try to load the ndiswrapper.ko module i get this error message

FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.8/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Operation not permittet

why do i get this? os do u know how else i coul install my card?? hte problem with the driver source the manufactur offers is that i can't get this switch running.

i have debian sarge with a 2.6.8 kernel.

thx

jan

!