Re: Debian vs. Fedora on Laptops

Thanks for all of the responses!  So far, Debian folks sure are helpful!  =)

I have a few more questions, if that's okay...

1. Woody versus Sarge.  Any idea when Sarge will be released?  Any
major benefits over Woody?

2. It sounds as if I am going to have to get comfy with compiling the
kernel, regardless of which distro I'm on.  Are there any texts out
there similar to "Compiling the Kernel for Dummies?"  My biggest fear
is disabling something that some other piece will need - OR - enabling
something that some other module will have a conflict with.  It would
be great to have something that detailed each, and every, possible
option available.  Any suggestions?

3. Several people have referred to kernel 2.6, which is great, but I
am wondering about the release.  I am currently on Fedora and using
kernel 2.6.5-1.358 and it works well for me.  My problems began when I
allowed yum to install kernel  2.6.9-1.6_FC2.  That's when all of my
ACPI problems began.  How can I tell what version of the kernel
"woody" ships with?

Thanks again for all of your responses.  It is really appreciated.

Thanx,
Ryan