Re: LID button Event ACPI malfunction

Hi Derek

It seems I sent the email too early. I discovered new things.

While ACID is shut down, I cat-ed for /proc/acpi/event and I saw that between
the event of closing and opening, there isn't any difference. There is only a
counter that counts upwards every event counting as one. So when I close the
lid, it is 001 when I open it is 002 etc. That isn't very good. Also, if I
close the lid and open very fast, there will be only one event recognized.

Another thing is that when ACPID runs, and I do a suspend and then resume, the
resume (opening lid) might count toward another suspend. But it just gets
stored in some cache, and when I stop the machine, it does the suspend again
as it finds the wandering suspend event?

It is really over my knowledge, so I am just throwing ideas out. Can you help?

Thanks

Ben