Re: Dell 700m SD cardslot - HowToUse?

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 14:22 -0800, Benedek Frank wrote:
> I browsed on the web for hours, and all I found was that this issue has not
> been worked out yet. People say, that some reverse engineering is needed for
> this to work, and nobody has done it yet.
>
> Anyways, thanks for the input. By the way, not only the Dell 700m, but all
> laptops that come with the Texas Instruments PCI7420/PCI7620 controller has
> the same issue. I saw Sony's, Acer's etc.

Hi,

Recently on the "Familiar" mailing list I have seen some traffic which
talked about successfully using SD cards for storage, so possibly there
are some recent patches that support them floating around.  Action is
likely in that arena because the iPAQ (and possibly others) has come
with an SD slot in it for ages.

See http://familiar.handhelds.org/ for more information.

Cheers,
					Andrew.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/            PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)803-2201      MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
       Hindsight is always 20:20.
                -- Billy Wilder