Re: filesystem corrupted like I've never seen

Alexandru Cabuz wrote:
hda: dma_intr: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=10319090,
high=0, low=10319090, sector=10319017
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
end_request: I/O error, dev hda, sector 10319017
Buffer I/O error on device hda6, logical block 1306
hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: dma_intr: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=10319090,
high=0, low=10319090, sector=10319021
ide: failed opcode was: unknown

This looks like a hardware problem. The disk/ide interface is not doing, what the kernel told it to do and returns errors. However, I have not enough experience to tell you more exactly, what the problem is.

I guess leaving the laptop running the whole weekend wasn't the smartest idea.

j.

"We did a risk management review.  We concluded that there was no risk of
any management." -- Dilbert
:wq