General question on wireless

Hi,

Now that I have it working on the 5100, I have a question about what I am seeing in wavemon. With a dell 1150 and drivers native to debian, I get a link quality of about 25/92, signal is about 30% of the bar and red, and I get both noise and a signal to noise ratio.

I also have a dell 1300 that I am using with the ndiswrapper and the latest xp drivers from dell. With this card the link quality is 100%, signal level is -75db (red bar, about the same as the 1150), but there is no noise bar.or signal to noise ratio bar.

Which card is getting better reception? Which one should I keep? the 1300 is supposedly a faster card (although it connected at the same 11Mbits/sec -- I suppose this is all the base station in the library will support). The 1300 does support scanning which the 1150 does not.

Is there a website that can help me get up to speed on wireless on linux and what are good numbers from a card/access point combination. I have numbers, I just really do not know what they mean.

thanks very much.

ski

--
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it
 connected to the entire universe"            John Muir

Chris "Ski" Kacoroski, kacoroski@comcast.net, 435-681-0092