Problem with Micron Transport Trek 2 and DMA

I have a Micron Transport Trek 2 that I have loaded Debian (Sarge) on.  I repeatedly get DMA errors on the main console.  It complains then says interrupt lost and inmost cases it resets and works for a while.  I did not see anywhere in the bios to turn DMA off.  I tried turning it off via "hdparm -d0 /dev/hda".  That stabilized it some.  Speed/performance was lost but because of the pauses DMA errors were giving it was faster.  The down side was that then it had an DMA error and did not recover.  I am not sure what else to try.  Anyone have any ideas?

Robert