Re: Toshiba Libretto 50CT

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 09:38:29PM +0200, Frank Trenkamp wrote:
> Hi Willie,
>
> On Thursday 16 September 2004 11:43, Willie McKemie wrote:
> > When pcmcia wasn't detected, I searched around a bit and
> > found that many Toshibas use a relatively rare Toshiba pcmcia chip.  I
>
> Probably a ToPic something or similar?

Don't know.  This is my very first experience with a Toshiba of any
flavor.

> > decided that this chip was supposed to be controlled by module tcic
> > rather than the more common yenta_socket.  However, no joy there;
> > "insmod tcic" told me "no device found".
>
> yenta_socket is primarily for Cardbus-compatible 32bit controllers. My
> 3480CT allows a BIOS choice of Cardbus or 16bit-Compatible for the PCMCIA
> controller. The former works with yenta_socket, but you might try the
> latter. It then might even work with the i82365 driver, so it does on my
> box.

The 50CT is OLD.  No PCI.  At your prompting, I did delve into the bios
for the first time.  Nothing about pcmcia there.

> By the way, have you tried http://www.linux-laptop.net?

That's what led me to this list!  Several "case studies" on various
Librettos indicate no problem with pcmcia.  But those are with older
distributions.  And, it is possible the pcmcia hardware is broken.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Good Health: the slowest way to die