Re: Problems with 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Audio Controller on Evo N800v

Chris, 2004-Feb-26 07:47 +0100:
> Thx for the tips concerning the mixer. But.. I don't think every
> audioprogram crashes when ALSA is muted?
> The Mixer crashes too, all with Memoryaccess error.
> Shutting down the machine hangs at "Shutting down ALSA (version ):"

Sorry, I thought you were saying that you couldn't hear anything, not
that it was crashing you system.

When I install ALSA, I follow the instructions here

http://www.sonic.net/~rknop/linux/debian_alsa.html

Perhaps you can run through it and see if it helps.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User